Monday, June 13, 2011

Angies List Testimonial

My home is over 40 years old with a shallow access to the indoor a/c and furnace unit.
1. Got a new coil which the workers had to go thru the attic to pull the box shaped coil up and out then had to do the same thing to bring the new coil thru the attic and set down to fit on top of the furnace.
2.Had to weld the copper lines back in to place as well as ensure the original leak was sealed.
3. Installed new American Standard condenser unit outside which they placed on top of a new foam type pallet which raised the unit to a better angle for the insulated lines to flow better which the refrigerant and oil. ( Which I learned about thru them!)
4. Thomas then grounded and installed a cut off switch separate from original breaker box about the corner of the house.
5. They did their thing with sucking the air out of the lines and what not, ensuring the level of the freon, ect.
6. So by 530p, the a/c was on, cooling the whole house faster than the old unit! From 92 degrees to 86 degrees in about 20 mins!
7. They cleaned up behind themselves!

Member Comments:
Well, no one wants a/c trouble in the midst of a Houston heat wave, but if it happens call this company! I called late Tuesday, Scott came about 9am Wednesday. So, it begin, ARS was my first choice as I have been with them for a while. Their estimate was too much so I told them I wanted a 2nd opinion. Did a search thru Angie's and found Air Tech. I wanted to see if, 1 , they would find what ARS did and 2, what their price would be.
Scott the service tech found more and showed me leaks, explained the technical jargon in a way that I could follow and pretty much went a step beyond what ARS did. Thru him I found out my condenser unit outside wasn't grounded so that definitely shortened the life of my compressor as well as how the insulated line from the unit leading into the house had a kink/bend in it that caused a problem with the freon and oil flow. He laid it all out for me so that I would have the knowledge to make and informed decision!
I'm going into such details so that based on my experience, potential clients will understand the degrees of professionalism in this particular business. In this economy, what I spent was necessary in Houston's sweltering heat but I will still feel the bite of it in my purse!
ARS is good, don't get me wrong, but Air Tech was just plain better.

No comments:

Post a Comment