Monday, June 20, 2011

Angie's List Testimonial

Description of work:
My AC drain line got plugged, the backup got plugged and it overflowed the drip pan into the dining room ceiling.

I called Air Tech to unplug the drains and any necessary changes.

Member Comments:
I had used another company previously to service my air conditioner. I couldn't get a hold of them, so I used Angie's List and came across Air Tech. I'm glad I did. Steve has to be the best technician I've ever dealt with. He's intelligent, knowledgeable, professional, and communicates issues clearly. He doesn't try to BS you and won't do a incomplete job.

Due to the cramped location of my AC unit, it's not something I go look often. I did some investigating, (tracing drain lines, ect) prior to Air Tech coming. I realized that the installation of the AC unit pretty crappy (installed about 1999 - bought the house in 2006). After Steve came, he pointed out a host of other issues with the installation. I'm suprised that the previous technicans (from the other company) never pointed out.

Steve cleared the drain lines and installed float switches on the drip pan to prevent future overflowing. He didn't want to undertake changing the drain line, because of poor installation prevents sufficient drop in elevation of drain line. I certainly respect his descion not to do the job, and I appreciate the fact that he didn't try to sell me work that wouldn't adequately fix the problem.

I'll live with that potential to have the drain line clogged until it comes time to replace the unit, knowing the float switch will prevent any more overflow disasters.

Mr. Marciano

No comments:

Post a Comment