Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Angie's List Testimonial

Description of Work:
Air Tech repaired a leaking mini split system that was installed about a year ago.

Member comments:
Prior to Air Tech coming to our house, Troy from Chimney Rock A/C & heating came to our house. Last year Troy from Chimney Rock gave us a quote on the mini split system we installed a year ago. A friend of ours who is in the A/C business shortly after Troy gave us the quote came to visit us from Atlanta and he did the installation for us. One year later our mini split system had a leak. Since our friend who installed it was from Atlanta I called Chimney Rock A/C thinking they would be the best company to repair it since they install the same mini split systems and they were highly recommended to me by a friend who was about to get a quote from them for a very large installation. When troy from Chimney Rocky A/C came to our house to evaluate the problem, his first question to my husband and me was " Why didn't you use us last year for the installation?" I explained to him that we were going to use him and I called our friend from Atlanta and he said that he was coming to Houston and that he would install it for us. Troy from Chimney Rock went outside to look at the system, came back into our house and said with an attitude " I'm sorry but your drain is crushed and I really don't want to mess with this. Just call your friend and have him back to fix it." I explained to Troy that the friend was living in Atlanta and could not come back and asked him again to fix it. He said that he didn't want to be bothered and the system would probably need to be re installed. I said well that's OK.. whatever it takes. He left with an attitude and said just call your friend. Well my friend who recommended Chimney Rock told me that she has used them for years.. and that will NEVER call them again. I then went to Angie's List and got the name Air Tech who had very good recommendations. Steve from Air Tech came to our house and I explained the issue to him and advised him what happened with Chimney Rock and I was expecting that they would tell me they would not want to work on our system either. WRONG! Steve was so nice, knowledgeable, professional and so willing to want to resolve our problem. He said that he didn't think that there was a major problem and he also told me that the drain was NOT CRUSHED as Troy from Chimney Rock had indicated. Steve came back the next day with a smile and had two helpers come with him. They all were really careful about not bringing dirt from outside into the inside of my house. Steve was extremely professional , honest, and very very capable and I would absolutely use him again in a heart beat. My system was fixed in a couple of hours. They cleaned the area really well where they worked. Air Tech gave me a one year warranty on their repairs. Steve and Air Tech are SUPER!  And the price to fix this issue was extremely reasonable and fair!

Mrs. Steinberg

No comments:

Post a Comment